Crawl Space Encapsulation: One Of The Best Ways To Protect Your Home
A sealed crawl space is one of the newest products to come to both the new construction and existing home market. When products are new, often there is a lot of misinformation which confuses consumers.
Atlantic Coast Waterproofing Systems, LLC encapsulation is designed and installed as each individual crawl space requires, every installation includes:
- Remove water in crawl space, existing debris, level and tamp dirt area.
- Install crawl space drainage system (if required) along footings and to the center area with pipe, bleed block, cover system with stone and install a sump pit, heavy duty effluent pump and freeze proof discharge.
- Seal off crawl space of all vent openings and replace or air tighten existing crawl or hatch opening.
- Install a true 16 mil fire retardant microbial free crawl space encapsulation liner secured to the walls, floor and wrapping all supports and piers.
- Install a crawl space dehumidifier unit that will conform to the size of the crawl space, under sizing humidity control will defeat the purpose of encapsulation, it also will allow the unit to operate in the most efficient way possible.
- We install dehumidifiers that draw out the moisture and use as little as 47 watts or 5.5amps of electricity at a monthly operating cost as little as $3.00 to $5.00.
When it comes to selling your home the real estate industry has found 70% of buyers walk away from basements and a wet crawl space that has heavy moisture, damp, humid and smells of mildew. What they will do is request deductions off the asking price, in many cases 3 times the amount. The buyer is in control at that point.
Atlantic Coast Waterproofing Systems, LLC provides a FREE written inspection report to home owners.